WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?

Sondra from Sparkshooter by Yonami

Background. Years ago, Becky and I were at Disney. A little kid, no more than seven or eight, raced up on what was obviously his little brother, maybe five or so, and screamed, "WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN?" in a voice very reminiscent of Short Round (who, incidentally, has returned to theaters in grown-up form in Everything Everywhere All at Once. So. Serendipity.

I am well aware that I haven't written here in about six months. When that happens, I always say, "Things got crazy." Well, things got crazy.

Toward the end of the year (2021), I had a veritable tsunami of Topps writing roll in. It was getting toward the holidays, we were trying to finish the kids magazines at The Post, I had that stuff and it was nuts.

And then more stuff happened. I did The Brandon Peters Show a couple of times. I had a comics project come up. We actually do other things. And suddenly, it's April. And I just finished two more Topps sets. Huzzah.

BUT.

I wrote that comic project, and I'll have news soon.

Paolo Yonami will be drawing the two final chapters of Sparkshooter.

I am 74% done with the first draft of the long-term novel project. That's based on chapters and my outline, but I'm pretty close to it.So, 3/4. I'll take it.

The Post and the kids magazines have not slowed down. In fact, well, okay, later about that.

My old friend [Redacted] appeared and tossed out an idea that we've built into a larger idea, and we may actually do something with that, too.

What I'm saying is that there are times when it's easier to do this, and times when it isn't. I'll try to do more. But don't think that because I'm not here that I'm not busy. If I was doing nothing, you wouldn't want to read about that anyway.

See you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROCK SOLID – The Betrayal of Bon Jovi

THAT TIME . . . : My Oz Article Made the Today Show Website